7 Key Things to Keep in Mind Before Designing Your Website in 2016
When it comes to web designing, there are so many things to implement and keep it in mind that it is actually pretty tough to jot down the top 7 key points or things about web designing. But, still, in this article, we will try to make a list of 7 key things that one should keep in mind while designing for their website in this year 2016.
I talked about the year 2016, for only one reason. It’s because Web designing is all about latest trends and being in parity with your contemporaries in terms of attracting new visitors and also content and aesthetics.
A website, also written as web site, is a collection of related web pages, including multimedia content, typically identified with a common domain name, and published on at least one web server. A web site may be accessible via a public Internet Protocol network, such as the Internet, or a private local area network, by referencing a uniform resource locator that identifies the site. All publicly accessible websites collectively constitute the World Wide Web, while private websites are typically a part of an intranet.
However, in the field of web designing, every now and then trends keep on changing and thus making it quite difficult for the web designers to keep track of all the latest trends and changes.
However, without further wasting any time and space, let us get down to the task of making a list of 7 key things to keep in mind while designing our websites in the year 2016.
7 Key things to keep in mind before designing your website in 2016:
- An interactive web design: Irrespective of the time or the area to be precise in which you have been assigned the task of web designing, an interactive and responsive web design is always in trend and also in demand. One of the best and basic example of a responsive and interactive web designing is having a mobile version as well as a desktop version of your website along with a strong communicating platform / feedback for the users/visitors.
- Website resolution and branding: One of the important trends to keep in mind while designing your website is to use high quality, high definition original image. Websites with high resolution images and with attractive fonts contribute towards 50% more conversion rates.
- Aligning the appearance of your homepage more with the interest of target audience and your company’s/website’s key performance metrics also goes a long way when you are thinking to design your own website.
- Navigation: We are in 2016 and in a time where we all are used to everything fast right from cars to web browsing. So, keeping your navigation options in your website easy to use and understand is another key thing you should keep in mind before designing your website.
- Before you start designing your website make sure to design the contact page with proper details and in a very prominent way. This increases your website’s conversion rate by 20%.
- Another web designing key thing to keep in mind is to create high quality and catchy content. A well written with facts and figures intact goes a long way in increasing your website’s visibility as well as the conversion rates.
- Active blogs, videos, call to action tabs, functionality & usability are few other key things one should keep in mind before designing your website in 2016.
Keeping in mind all the points listed above should help you in designing your website effectively and efficiently.
Simon Hopes is a renowned author and social media enthusiast. But, it may be not so tough if you and I, the designers stay focused and be clear about our requirements and priorities regarding the designing, says dataperk, who are one of the leading experts in the field.